DSA - SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATHEMATICS (COMPUTATIONAL THINKING SKILLS)
Kent Ridge Secondary School offers its Applied Learning Programme (ALP) under the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) strand and is focused on developing computational thinking through robotics. Kent Ridge Secondary School will offer the DSA-Sec to eligible students via Computational Thinking Skills. Students who show aptitude in computational thinking and are passionate and committed to develop this strength should apply.
1. After processing the application forms and documents, shortlisted DSA applicants will be notified of the dates of the trials and interviews by post or email.
2. Shortlisted DSA applicants are to bring along certified true copies of the followings:
- Applicant’s relevant CCA and VIA records.
- Primary 4 and 5 Overall results and Primary 6 Mid-Year results. (Applicants not from MOE mainstream schools are to submit equivalent documents.)
- Testimonials and certificates of participation in relevant competitions.
|Phase 1 – Application and Trials||
1. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a selection trial.
2. The DSA - STEM (Computational Thinking Skills) selection trial will consist of the following:
3. Each applicant will be assessed by a panel of teacher(s) and instructor(s) with a set of rubrics. The rubrics for assessment are the same for all applicants.
4. Applicants’ scores are tabulated and those that meet the school’s requirements will advance to the next phase.
|Phase 2 – Interview||
1. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by post or email to attend an interview.
2. The applicant’s interest and aptitude in computational thinking and ability to communicate their ideas confidently will be assessed by a panel of teachers and instructors.
DSA - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (Computational Thinking Skills): Ms Sally Chow, HOD/ICT
Kent Ridge Secondary School
147 West Coast Road